This recipe is from Cookie and Kate and can be accessed at https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-butternut-squash-soup/ You will need to scroll to the bottom of her post for the recipe.
This is an easy and tasty fall recipe. I made just a few changes.
- Instead of parchment paper, I used a silicone mat (sil-pat) which is safe in temperatures up to 500 and is better for environment
- This recipe has a lot of sodium. I did not salt the squash before roasting and I cut way back on the salt added to shallot – using maybe ¼ teaspoon.
- I used grapeseed oil as it is better for high cooking temperatures and used a very small amount to coat the flat sides of squash before roasting.
- I substituted red onion for shallot which I would NOT recommend. The shallot has a more delicate flavor and should be used. Take care also NOT TO BROWN the shallot or the garlic as this can give a bitter flavor and dominate the flavor of the soup.
- I added a bit more maple syrup and nutmeg.
- I did NOT add the butter/olive oil at the end and it still came out very creamy and smooth.
- I garnished with a swirl of coconut cream